Thursday, April 24, 2014

Veil and Unveil


To veil, rip, reveal, fog, cover, mist, cloud, pull and see. The eyes. Why are the eyes so revered? Why do we cringe when we cannot see? Why do we scrunch our eyes and strain ourselves when a fog settles in? Out of all the senses, sight gives us the most amount of information. Why then, am I attracted to the idea of covering up the information that I create? Is it to hide? Is it simply for effect? And then...with violence, or vengeance, or guilt, or desire... I forcibly rip and pull parts of the veil away. Why can I not pull all of the veil? These are my own memories that I am toying with...








My recent work is asking me too many questions... It feels like I'm following the rabbit instead of following the bird... .

No comments:

Post a Comment